Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start date: Immediate
The Center for Geospatial Science and Technology at California State University, Northridge is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented GIS Project Manager to support Center activities. More information about the Center can be found on our website at: https://www.csun.edu/cgst
This position requires an advanced understanding of GIS and an in-depth knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x. Under general supervision of Center Director, the Project Manager is responsible for a variety of duties related to managing GIS projects and supervising staff. These duties include administering GIS projects from conception to completion, developing budgets and proposals, managing project teams, serving as a liaison with Center clients and partners, developing documentation, supporting and developing Center GIS technology and training and supervising Center staff. The Project Manager will also perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Geography OR related discipline with concentration in GIS or GIS Certificate;
- 2+ years of related paid work experience and 1+ year of project management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts related to GIS (i.e. map projections, data processing, data management, spatial analysis, topology, linear referencing, etc.).
- Demonstrable skills in spatial data creation, quality control, management and analysis;
- Fundamental understanding of relational database design concepts;
- Experience in developing project documentation including, but not limited to: workflows; standards documentation, and progress trackers;
- Experience supervising, training, communicating with and delegating to staff;
- In-depth knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x and Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Attention to detail and a deep understanding of methods to ensure data integrity;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks.
- Experience and knowledge of hydro-related concepts and datasets, specifically the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD).
- Experience with Free or Open Source Software
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and/or other programming languages;
- Proficiency in spatial statistics;
- Familiarity with mobile GIS technology; and
- Development and administration of web-based mapping applications.
POSITION & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience. This position is full time and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Employment is through The University Corporation (TUC).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity at (818) 677-2077.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Director, Center for Geospatial Science and Technology
Use the subject line: Project Manager Position